This User Guide describes the content of the Enterprise Architect (EA) version of the UCS Architectural Model and how to use this model within the EA modeling tool environment.
The purpose of the EA version of the UCS Architectural Interface Control Document (ICD) model is to provide a working model for Enterprise Architect tool users and to serve as the source model for the Rational Software Architect (RSA) and Rhapsody models (AIR6516 and AIR6517).
The AIR6515 EA Model has been validated to contain the same content as the AS6518 model for:
- all UCS ICD interfaces
- all UCS ICD messages
- all UCS ICD data directly or indirectly referenced by ICD messages and interfaces
- the Domain Participant, Information, Service, and Non Functional Properties Models
Preconditions for using the AIR6515 EA Model include:
- access to / experience with Enterprise Architect 10 or higher, Corporate Edition.
- experience with the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- an understanding of the UCS Architectural Model as originally created in the EA Model AS6518-MODEL
This document is the SAE publication of the Department of Defense UxS Control Segment (UCS) Architecture: EA Version of the UCS ICD Model (UCS-INF-ICD-EA) Version 2.4(PR) approved for Distribution A public release 15.S-1859.