1. This standard is being revised to reduce theh operating pressures for aluminum, sizes -10 and above. This was prompted by MS20819/AS5176 which eliminated aluminum as an optional metal, and as a result, the operating pressures for many other MIL-F-5509/AS4841 AS4842/AS4843/AS4875 flared fitting parts, that used aluminum, were reduced, for sizes -10 and above.
2. Restore 347 corrosion resistant steel as a material option.
3. Added PRI/QML note to latest language approved by the G-3 Committee.
4. Inactivated material code letter D for code letter W.
5. Added cadmium warning note per Aerospace Council directive.
6. Updated specification to current and active G-3 document, style format.
7. Added DoD ISA note to maintain NATO Treaty, STANAG Agreement.
8. Added titanium note /22/.
9. Reduced weights.
10. Added IVD finish and flag note /23/ to pin for "V" finish option for aluminum.
11. Corrected the procurement specification callout from AS4875 to AS4875/1.
12. Revised Figure 1 drawing to obtain coaxial relationships. Added Code S for 347 cres which was originally on DoD documents AN815, AN919, MS24392 and MS24399.
13. Added note /23/ for legacy of 347 and Code D, and to show G-3 agreement from panel meeting minutes on cres 347 vs cres 321, in Savannah, GA, Sep. 2006.