This SAE Standard is intended to establish uniform methods for testing certain types of carbon steel and high strength, low alloy steel tubing as listed in section 2.1.1. The specified test and performance criteria applicable to each variety of tubing are set forth in the respective SAE J Specifications.
The five year review of this standard resulted in the following changes:
1. Revised document description.
2. Edited listing of applicable and related documents.
3. Edited scope to enhance steel description.
4. Revised wording and added reference to ASTM E18 to section 5.6 Hardness Test.
5. Revised presentation of section 5.7 Tensile Test.