This SAE Recommended Practice provides the lighting function identification codes for use on all passenger cars and trucks.
- 1. Revised Scope to include additional vehicle types.
- 2.1. Added website address for reference publications.
- 2.2. Removed Related Publications section.
- 4.1. Clarification and modification of Code locations.
- 4.2. Removed smaller marking option.
- 4.4. Revised from compartment to lighted section requirement.
- 4.5. Revised wording to incorporate lighted section(s) from compartment(s). Revised the requirement of the year coding used in lamp marking to include three options which is more consistent with current industry practice. Formating changes. Table 1. Added codes F3 and HL. Revised description for codes I, I3, I4, I5. Revised description for codes W3-1, W3-2 and W3-3. Added codes WS3-1, WS3-2 and WS3-3. Changed code Y2 to DRL. Removed code Z. All changes made to be consistent with changes to J-documents referencing these codes.
- 5. Revised wording and description in the example. Revised wording to lighted section(s) from compartment(s) to be consistent with other document changes in §4.4 and §4.5.